Sunday, January 17, 2010

What I've been up to...


Vintage buttons 1/17/10

Lately I've been trying to figure out a difficult design problem for a new pattern. It's not going that well, and it's frustrating. However, it makes me glad on a daily basis that my 8th grade algebra teacher, Mrs. Rita Gary, took such pains to make sure that I succeeded in her class. Turns out knitting is one of those things that you use algebra for ALL THE TIME. Thank you, Mrs. Gary, wherever you are!

To get my mind off my troubles, there's nothing like a little bit of antique-mall button-box prowling to cheer a girl up. Here's my latest crop of finds, hiding all my aimless pattern-brainstorming scrawls...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the design! I love the buttons.

Anonymous said...

weird how algebra really does have it's moments - in creative endeavors no less!

luv the buttons - seeing something with swirls and textures and... idk... just really like how they 'feel' visually

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mimi said...

you are the most amazing person to watch knit. I was wowed but not surprised by your luscious sweater pattern in my Knitpicks mag yesterday. You're a heck of a woman! Kathleen Kennedy

DarrenGCoomes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.