Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Harriet


The latest work-in-progress: Harriet, a top-down cardigan with allover cables and (eventually) a contrast collar. Inspired, variously, by a mushroom-brown dress off the sale rack at Anthropologie that I kind of liked, but not enough to buy; a twinset worn by some fictional 1920s women's-college dean in a BBC mystery-novel adaptation; and eight vintage jet-glass buttons that my friend Lynn gave me on their original card. They're almost too fantastic to take off the card, really, but I'm gonna.

Stay tuned, because I think my Xmas gift from the ol' ball and chain might be knitting-related, too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it finished!!

Drivin' Mamma said...

so wonderful that those buttons finally got used. do you know how long they had been sitting in my drawer? just WAITING for you to come over for a glass of wine and to take them home. they are redeemed from a lifetime of waiting. literally--they're probably 50 years old by now.